Randi J. Rose

Randi J. Rose
the wife.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Playing catch up....

Oh wow. These past few months are a blur! Let me give you the short version...

Mason got home from his mission March 16th. 
We got engaged April 8th.
We got married May 26th.
We moved to San Diego June 11th.

WOW right!? After three month of non-stop commotion our new life is finally settling down. We are the happiest two people ever. I love being sealed for eternity to my best friend. 

The most recent adventure is we MOVED TO SAN DIEGO! I know a lot of you are shaking your heads, saying we are crazy, to leave solid jobs, a nice apartment, family, and everything there that we had going for us. But we can't help but just feel so happy, and so blessed to be here. We can't really explain it. No, we don't have an apartment. No, we don't have jobs, (yet.) And yes, we are living on nothing but love and faith for now. But for us, that's enough. We are so happy, and loving every minute of this new adventure!

We got here on Monday night late and let me just tell you what a great husband I have okay?? I have been bugging him for a few months now about wanting a  kitten more than anything in this world. A little ball of fur that I could focus all my baby hunger and motherly craving on. I promised to take care of it and love it and make it so happy. Mason.... refused. He is slightly allergic, was not ready for a little "baby" of our own, and plain and simple... doesn't like cats. So I continued to shop in private and just ohhh & awww over all the little kittens on ksl and craigslist. I wanted one SO BAD!! On our way to San Diego my wonderful husband called me, (since he was driving the truck and I was driving my car,) and says... "you know what, I want you to have a kitten." I FREAKED out!! I got on craigslist, (and since I had already been secretly shopping san diego kittens,) knew exactly which one I wanted. Luckily, when I contacted the lady they had one little boy left, and Mason agreed to take me to pick him up on our way through town. The second I held that kitten he stated purring and loving me and I just melted. I said he was the one and Mason, without hesitation, handed the lady the money, and of we went. So now we are the proud parents to one little boy Bengal kitten. He is in to everything, all the time, tried to eat Mason's wedding ring in the middle of the night last night, got into my IB profin, and took off his jingle bell collar and hid it some where that no one can seem to find it. But he is the sweetest, most playful, cuddliest best thing ever, he purrs non-stop, loves his new home and new parents, and guess what... his dad LOVES him.
Meet our little Maverick....



Besides that I have an interview with Nordstrom in Downtown San Diego tomorrow, and Mason is working his first tent sale this weekend and trying out the car business. He also has an interview at Jerome's furniture store on Monday! We start apartment shopping next week, and Mason has made the decision to attend San Diego State University as soon as we gain residency, hopefully by next Spring.

To sum it all up... we are happy. Happy as we have ever been. We love each other more every day and just can't get over the excitement of falling asleep next to each other every night. Life can get hard sometimes, but it makes it so much easier when you have your favorite person to walk you through it. Stay tuned for more on our new adventure... :)

Love, The Roses.



No comments:

Post a Comment